eng   рус   deu
Call us: +374 99 547272
Back to IncomingTours home page
Back to IncomingTours home page
Home :: Attractions :: Sevanavank
Sevanavank
The Sevan monastery was once located on the Sevan island. The island was strengthened with fort walls during the bronze century. During the 9th century Sevan became the royal citadel of the Syuniats kings. In 874 the daughter of King Ashot Bagratuni - Mariam, built the Arakelots and the St.Astvatzatzin churches. There is a chapel on the eastern side of the St.Astvatzatzin church, whose columns have carved wooden decorated capitals, which are important examples of Armenian wood-carving art, and they are now preserved both in the Armenian State Historical museum and in the Hermitage. In the area of the monastery there are numerous cross-stones. During 1956-1957 the churches were once again reconstructed.

  • About Armenia
  • Attractions
  • Entertainments
  • Concierge Service
Follow Us
Online Consultant
For travel agents
Weather
Yerevan
°C
Moscow
°C
Paris
°C
London
°C
Dubai
°C
Currency Rates
1 USD
480.39
AMD

1 EUR
536.60
AMD

1 RUR
8.07
AMD

Map
Contacts
+374 10 54 72 72
+374 93 61 23 48
Baghramyan st. 2/80
Yerevan Armenia
armsacvoyage@gmail.com
info@sacvoyage.am

SacVoyageTravel_Armenia

ICQ:582201589